The Spiral Grove

The place for creative updates!

Thursday, May 12, 2005

All Mixed Up Inside

What a mixed bag I am today. On the one hand I have been all a twitter with excitement. Why? Well Mabel's Grave is finally clicking right along. I discovered the gravestone and began notes and ideas on the tale last September, but no real writing has taken place. Instead I wrote The Wino's Tale (which ruminated almost a year prior to the first written words) over the winter, and then focused on getting Legacy of Silence polished. So here I am in springtime finally putting the story down on paper and feeling pretty happy that it all finally gelling. Almost too excited to sleep for it.

Then last night someone's comments about how "prolific writers" often produce garbage that nobody really wants to read put me in a very low spot. Though I don't believe this to be true and know quite a few prolific writers who are paying their bills with their words, it still pokes at that insecure place deep inside that has to wonder if anyone cares about these tales.

So here I am today, a very mixed up girl. Hope you all are having a great day.

4 Comments:

  • At 10:22 PM, Blogger Glenn Walker said…

    Dear Mixed-Up,

    Don't make me come out there and smack you. Prolific is a good thing. I'd give a lot to be as prolific and talented as you.

     
  • At 2:57 PM, Blogger Audrey Shaffer said…

    AAAHHHH!!! This is what I get for falling behind on reading blogs. I should have responded a week ago.

    How could you let that comment get to you? Obviously, you didn't consider the source.

    Prolific is GOOD! Ignore naysayers, and just keep on keeping on. :)

     
  • At 10:13 AM, Blogger R.L. Grace said…

    Ok guys, I consider myself slapped and chastized. OW, that hurt. Back to being sensible. What would I do without friends like you?

     
  • At 10:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    sorry...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home