The Spiral Grove

The place for creative updates!

Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Error 707- Failure To Load

Ever click on a URL in an e-mail and get redirected? Did you ultimately find out the link had some fatal error in it or that the page had moved? That is sort of how I feel today.

There are many things I could be doing. In all actuality there are many things I should be doing today. I keep taking the initial steps to getting things done, but I keep ending up someplace else. It has been a tough couple of days out here in no man's land. The entire family, myself included, has had a nasty virus. Between fevers and tumultuous tummies there has been little room for fun. I did pull out some older work and polish it up (read formatted) for the Arkansas Contests. The Oklahoma Writer's Federation Conference is just three days away now. All manner of difficulties have cropped up surrounding that whole thing. Sudden shifts in band practice and work schedules have put my needs and the family's needs at odds. In the end it will all work out, but it keeps everything interesting in the mean time.

I've been winding down work on the "Misty Moon Drive" manuscript. I have sent off letters seeking permissions for the various concepts I want to use in the book, mostly for things related to areas outside my personal expertise. I am hopeful that those queried will be happy to contribute to the work and so earn themselves a copy for their libraries when the book is done.

I have been debating the publication options for the manuscript. I had originally thought to do a limited run of self published copies and then, quite likely a downloadable e-book. After all it is a work of poetry and not something I have dreams of making money on. It is an artistic endeavor marrying poetry, painting and the desire to help others to help themselves. Friends have been very encouraging though and suggest trying for something more than self publishing. I am not sure yet how I feel about it. Comments are welcomed.

Well there now, I have accomplished a little something today haven't I? And it is only noon, so who knows what the day will hold. Hope you all are having a wonderful day.

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home