The Spiral Grove

The place for creative updates!

Friday, August 20, 2004

Catching Up!

Hey There,

It has been a while hasn't it? Well I do have some success to report. In June I attended the 60th Annual Arkansas Writer's Conference. I went along with a dear friend Melissa and over all we had a great time, though we both got really homesick for our babies. We both had great fun the last day though since we both managed to win door prizes! I got a hat from the Coleman Dairy Farm and she got a hardcover romance novel. I want to offer a word of thanks to Margaret who also won a cow print journal and sweetly gave it to me since it matched my hat so well. Thanks Margaret! In addition my essay The Velveteen Daddy won Second Place in their essay contest. My unpublished novel Legacy of Silence also won fourth place in the Editors Delight Novel Length Contest. I am thrilled with this result, and it meant even more when they announced that their were over 11oo entries this year! I hope this bodes well for my work in the future.

Inspired by the conference I did mail out a bunch of submissions. Of course like any writer I have recieved some rejections back, but last week the post man brought me a letter that contained a contract from By-Line magazine. They have accepted my essay Writing from Memory for their December 2004 endpiece! I am very jazzed. Yesterday I mailed off another 10 manuscripts so in a month or two hopefully I will have another something to brag about!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home